Built in 1949, 1528 Webster was specifically designed to encourage professional collaboration. But then the 70s hit, the ceilings were dropped, the windows covered, and brown was the color of choice from the walls to the carpet.
We renovated 1528 to promote community, creativity, and collaboration. We raised the ceilings, opened the rooms, and most importantly, we let the light back in, with new windows and the original skylights.
We’ve created sizable personal spaces for heads-down work, collaboration zones for meetings with your team, and buzzing social areas. We even have a coffee shop—Slojoy—that lets you order from your desk. Here are a few of the highlights:
- Natural light—Every seat gets some!
- The alley—In collaboration with local galleries, 1528 Webster features art from Oakland’s best artists, and features rotating murals.
- The patio and garden—Outdoor space where you can take a break, or even work outside.
- The neighborhood—In the middle of downtown Oakland, between the 12th and 19th street BART stations, in a corridor of art galleries, bars, and restaurants, and a short walk away from the Fox and Paramount Theatres.
- The modern kitchen—A shared modern kitchen with all the usual amenities, space to hang out, a TV, and several collaboration areas.
- Events—From guest speakers to Friday night happy hours, this is meant to be a social place. Enjoy the music, the art, the people—or host your own event.
Want a spot? Join us